Making a good dessert that you can whip up easily and that actually pleases your tastebuds can be difficult. But Oreo truffles are not only scrumptious, they’re so easy to make and fun to decorate!
Oreo Truffles Recipe
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: About 2 dozen truffles
- 14.3 oz pack of Oreos (about 40 cookies)
- 1-2 tablespoons plain cream cheese
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
*Make sure to wash your hands before you start!
- Gather ingredients. Allow cream cheese to soften (about 20 min).
- Break Oreos into small pieces, then crush into a fine powder. Put in a mixing bowl. (Tip: If you’re using a blender, crush a few Oreos at a time. It works better that way.)
- Little by little, add cream cheese to the Oreo powder and mix. The consistency should be doughy, but lumps are okay. If needed, add more cream cheese or Oreos.
- Take a small handful of dough and shape it into a ball, then place it onto a cookie sheet. Repeat until all the dough has been used.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes. The truffles should be firm to the touch.
- (Optional) Melt chocolate chips. Dip the truffles in the chocolate so they are covered half-way. Add sprinkles on top. Refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened (about 10 minutes).
- Enjoy! Leftovers, if you happen to have any, can be refrigerated.
- Use a different type of Oreo. (Cinnamon Bun tastes really good!)
- Use white chocolate instead of milk chocolate.
- Top with Oreo crumbs or M&M’s instead of sprinkles.