Well FHS another Homecoming has come and gone. Whether it was one filled with good memories or things you would rather forget we’re here with 10 things to help with the post Homecoming/Spirit Week depression (aka back to reality).
1. Think deep about this wise quote “The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited or erased, it can only be accepted”.
2. It’s a half day Friday.
3. Check our countdown in the bottom right hand corner for how many days left until the next full day off of school.
4. Go outside and enjoy the new fall colors and cool air.
5. Focus on your school work. Chances are you were a bit distracted from your classes with all the Homecoming festivities last week, now it’s time to buckle down and work hard.
6. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back at Starbucks. Treat yo self.
7. Franklin’s own haunted attraction, The Hill Has Eyes, is open now until November 1st. Grab a group of friends and get your scare on. More info here.
8. This fall has been a goldmine for great new albums. Nothing is better than finding a new jam. Some of our particular favorites include the new Drake album (What A Time to Be Alive), the new Disclosure album (Caracal), the new Thomas Rhett album (Tangled Up) and the new Avicii album (Stories).
9. The Kayla’s Krew playground ribbon cutting will be held on October 9th at 5:30 pm. This brand new all accessible playground is located between the Franklin Woods Nature Center and the Milwaukee County Sports Complex. Please consider attending its grand opening as we are lucky to have such a supportive amazing facility within our very own Franklin. More info here here.
10. Drink lots of water to cure any dehydration that might have occurred due to saltiness over the weekend.
Until Next time… Stay Classy FHS